Tagline

Tagline

Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Outing in Baguio: Cafe by the Ruins


                   JM and me at the cafe


I am ecstatic about the new route to Baguio via SCTEX. From the Shell station in NLEX, it took us only 4.5 hours to get to Baguio, from the previous 7 hours via the main route.



                           Thai salad


Short as the trip may have been, by the time we arrived at Baguio Country Club to check in, my corned beef breakfast was history and I was raring for lunch. We quickly deposited our bags at our three-bedroom cottage and took off for Cafe by the Ruins. We were caught in traffic at the Maharlika market, which was the only route I was familiar with. By the time we got to the resto, I was bleary-eyed from hunger. Thankfully, we were rewarded with fantastic food.



   Shrimp curry with papadums and chutney



                       A cozy nook


The cafe has changed little since my last visit three years ago, except for the expansion to accommodate more al fresco tables. I loved my shrimp curry and the crispy tapa for sharing. My palate was raring to try all of the breads and the strawberries with whipped cream but, alas, I had only so much tummy space. I capped off my meal with Ruins coffee, which had a wonderful foam on top sprinkled with cardamom. Soul therapy on a rainy day.



                          Crispy tapa



             Scones with butter and jam



                       Caffeine fix

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...