Tagline

Tagline

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Touched by an angel


I should have been in Donsol by now. But early morning laggard that I am, I arrived in NAIA 3 just a few minutes after the check-in counter for the 6 a.m. Legazpi flight closed. I was advised to rebook to the 10:15 a.m. departure. The ticketing agent at Cebu Pacific’s NAIA 3 office, however, informed me that, because I arrived after the one-hour grace period, I had to make a completely new booking, which would cost me a little over P3,000. Expensive, if you consider the fact that my RT ticket cost almost the same and that my publisher is not going to pay for it (he would but it wouldn’t be right to charge him). I told the Miss that I will return shortly and rushed to the PAL Express ticketing counter to find out if I could get a cheaper fare. Unfortunately, PAL had only one flight to Legazpi, which had already departed. Resigned to my fate, I went back to the CP office to book my departure. By then, there was a queue but I insisted on consulting with the same ticketing agent who was already entertaining another customer. I waited. And the wait paid off. I don’t know how she managed to do it but she was able to offer me a ticket for only P827!!! Just what I needed, a lucky break. Thank you, CP ticketing angel.


Posted March 19, 2010 in travelswithgusto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...