Tagline

Tagline

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Choc-Nutty day


Truffles hits all the right spots for me but there are days when nothing can quite do the job but Choc-nut. Today was such, and I was happy that this simple pleasure was at hand.


I remember having a particularly bad day one time, so I drove to Podium Mall and bought a gold-wrapped bar of Gianduja chocolate at Leonidas. I went straight back to my car and, in private, savored the smooth milk chocolate with hints of hazelnut. I felt better immediately. And now, I have completely forgotten the awful thing that must have triggered my distress, but I still remember how soothing that Gianduja was.


Chocolates do this to me. And with Choc-nuts, the mix of peanuts, milk, sugar and cocoa powder is redolent of my childhood and brings on an extra warmth.


Posted April 19, 2010 in travelswithgusto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...