Tagline

Tagline

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Miles Away


There are very few things that can get me out of bed at 7 a.m. A race (in which case, I’d be up by 4 a.m.). Driving my nieces to school when the driver is absent or indisposed, for sure. And, most definitely, a trip, or even just the prospect of one. So I got up at 7 because I like a relaxed start. I took my time with my coffee while answering the crossword puzzle but I made sure that I was out of the door by 8:30. By 9, I was already in Ali Mall but I had to park my car in SM just across the road because Ali Mall’s parking opens at 10 a.m. (SM opens theirs earlier for supermarket shoppers).


Upon entering the PAL ticketing office, I was given a number, which was already being called in one of the counters. I thought, good Lord, is this really happening? It was and I would have gotten my ticket right away had I bothered to read the Mabuhay Miles award redemption form stating that I should bring a photocopy of my passport/official ID. I had to walk to 12th street (following instructions from security guards and pedestrians) to find a photocopying store (it was right beside the Prince Gregory condominium) because most of the shops were still closed. Despite the extra step, I managed to get out of the PAL office by 10 a.m.–with my free ticket (I had to pay $150 for taxes. Still cheap, considering my destination).


Posted March 16, 2010 in travelswithgusto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...