Tagline

Tagline

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bangkok with Gusto (Part 2)

2. Ban Khun Mae

image

If I didn’t love my brother so, I would have settled for the nearest restaurant I could find. It was, after all, six hours since our buffet breakfast at the hotel, and I was exhausted from the shopping in Chatuchak. But because I knew he so wanted to try the restaurant that my SIL recommended, I indulged him. So did my aging parents.

image

After the seemingly endless walking and asking for directions, we found Ban Khun Mae. The bad thing was, all the tables were occupied. Some groups ahead of us were turned away (or maybe, they backed out after being told how long the waiting time would be – I couldn’t tell). I picked a friendly-looking waiter to ask and put on the face that wouldn’t take no for an answer. I couldn’t let all of that exhausting walk go to waste.

image
Tom Yum

He came back to me saying he’ll have a table ready in 10 minutes. Even before the waiting time was up, a table was freed and we were able to place our order. Service was swift and I remember eating one good thing after another, picking mostly from the most recommended items on the menu.

image
The fried mushrooms from the recommended items. We also ordered fish, pad thai and a savory dumpling that was also recommended. They were all good.

One of the best parts is seeing the bill and realizing that, with all the things we stuffed ourselves with, we had to pay only the equivalent of P500 per head.

image

After dinner, we had to walk back to Siam Center because JM wanted to shop at Forever 21. Instead of going back to the busy main road, we took the parallel back road and realized that the route was less tedious to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...