Tagline

Tagline

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Hotel Review: Ascott BGC (Why It’s Tripadvisor’s No. 1 Hotel in Taguig City)



At the lobby
By now, you probably know how much I love staycations, mostly to celebrate a special occasion. I recently booked a stay at Ascott BGC for no particular reason other than to explore new places in BGC. Since one of my nieces, Julia, was celebrating her 12th birthday that weekend, I also invited her to join us.

The living room. My camera couldn't capture the entire living area.

I always consult Tripadvisor prior to making a booking. I pore over all the reviews good and bad before making a decision. It was a no-brainer to opt for Ascott because it was ranked number one on the review site.



I wanted a serviced apartment as opposed to a hotel because I needed enough space for Jia and her entourage (her day nurse and her evening nurse), my husband and I, and my niece. I got us a two-bedroom executive suite.


When I came in to the apartment, I was floored by the amount space! It looked even bigger than I expected, maybe because the ceiling was high. My daughter seemed to approve because she started walking all over the place.

The master's bedroom
The master's bathroom
L'Occitane toiletries are always a good idea
The guest's bedroom
The guest's bathroom
I wished we were staying longer so we could use all the room appliances including the electric stove, oven, washer, and dryer.



First order of business after setting up Jia’s crib (it’s a playpen that we also use as a crib because she has outgrown her previous one) was food. Since I follow Gaita Fores on IG, I knew that Ascott BGC’s restaurant and room service were run by her. In short, there was no need to go out to eat well. Besides, it was pouring outside and I had a cold and a bad cough.

We ate apples oranges from the welcome basket while waiting


I ordered the mushroom and spinach pappardelle while my husband had the pulled pork sandwich. Even Jia gave the pasta her approval. A basket of apples and oranges were waiting for us when we went in so I also gave my daughter some. She loved the orange even if it was on the sour side.



Like Ascott Makati where we stayed a few months ago, Ascott BGC has a kids activity room. It was at the 7th floor where the gym and pool also are located. It was small but with enough entertainment for a 14-month old, mostly books and rocking toys.


It was pouring the whole day but when the rain let up for an hour or two, my husband stepped out to buy a cake for Julia from Slice. We welcomed her birthday with cake blowing and nursery rhymes from Jia who woke up before midnight in high spirits.


Breakfast was at Alta on the 2nd floor of the building.


The breakfast spread was uninspired and rather limited. I think next time a better option would be to book without the breakfast option then either order room service or go to the Wildflour branch at the corner (Wildflour never fails to satisfy me). What caught my attention at the breakfast buffet is this.


The Ascott BGC is great for a family staycation because you're getting more value than if you booked two hotel rooms of the same class. The apartments are comfortable, even luxurious, spacious, and are fully equipped. The location is perfect for exploring the shops and restaurants in the BGC area. And Gaita Fores's food for room service? It's hard to beat that.

Happy birthday, Julia!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...