Tagline

Tagline

Monday, July 10, 2017

Hotel Review: Raffles Makati (Why It's My New Favorite Hotel)


I didn’t get to treat my husband for Father’s Day last year because we were still reeling from all the changes that having a little one brings (for me, breastfeeding was particularly challenging). Since our daughter is bigger, I decided that for his second Father’s Day, we should celebrate in style.


I booked us a Junior Suite at Raffles Hotel. I got this at a 50% discount using my Citibank Premier Miles card. I love the promos in Citibank’s Love To Dine and Love To Travel. Yes, I have a weakness for discounts. Not a paid post, by the way.


The minute I set foot on the hotel, I felt welcome. How can I not when the doorman greeted me, “Mrs. Gallares, welcome to the Raffles Hotel.” Very personalized.

The lobby, though not as elaborate nor grand as Shangrila’s or The Peninsula’s, was tastefully done and so much to my liking. It had all the charm and elegance of a quintessentially British drawing room, separated from the Writer’s Bar with floor to ceiling bookcases. Seeing books instantly made me feel comfortable. The Writer’s Bar is just the perfect venue for an afternoon tea and a date with the girl friends.




When my husband and I saw our suite, we reconsidered the look of our new house, which we are renovating. The room was exquisite, with hardwood flooring, luxurious linens, an intimate parlor, a bath with double sink, and the dreamiest soaking tub.



Each room is assigned a butler. Ours was Carl, who showed us the features of the room and was promptly at our doorstep whenever we needed anything.


Of all the Philippine hotels I have stayed in, Raffles Makati hits the highest mark in terms of service, which is at once attentive yet unobtrusive. All throughout our stay, I received warm smiles and all my requests were promptly attended to.


My husband and I slipped away from our daughter for about two hours to dine at Mireio, which serves our favorite Provençal cuisine. My husband loved his steak while I relished every bit of my clams marinières. The clams came with frites but I opted for the crusty bread to sop up the juices with. We had a fine meal.






The complimentary petit fours



Breakfast was at Spectrum, which the hotel shares with Fairmont Hotel guests. The selection was not extensive but well-curated.



The regular rate includes breakfast, and all-day refreshments, classic afternoon tea, and evening cocktails and canapés at Writer's Bar. Worth every penny.

Raffles Makati is an all-suite hotel that is small and intimate so you receive a proper amount of attention. Upon checkout, I was presented by My, the front office manager, with a box of chocolates from Café Macaron as a parting gift.

This is the kind of hotel I would go back to, again and again. And the great news is, it is now part of the Accor group (together with Sofitel, Novotel, etc.) so I can use my stay to continue racking up Accor loyalty points soon (integration is within 18 months).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...