Tagline

Tagline

Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013: The Year That Was

In spite of the November disaster that cut though our core as individuals and as a nation, I still feel deeply overwhelmed by the blessings that the previous year has brought. I feel so grateful that I am able to enjoy the richness of experience that this magical world has to offer.



My year started with a trip to Bangkok in January with some members of my family. We had a great time bonding over food and shopping at Chatuchak and Paragon.



In keeping with the theme of the month, my February was filled with love, no elaboration needed. It was also then that I finally learned how to ride a bike. An unexpected adventure came by way of a trip to Coron and a stay at the Two Seasons.



I finally set foot on the Great Wall of China in March. I didn’t expect to enjoy Beijing as much as I did.



It was a summer to remember as I made it a point to spend more time with the kids during their break. The highlight of it was my brother’s appointment as RTC Judge in Pasig. For me, this may well be the best news I had received in 2013.



During the summer, I rode the bike with the kids and took them to Ace Water Spa and to Sip & Gogh to get them to try their hand at painting. They also spent a good amount of time in Pampanga learning tennis and attending dance fitness classes.



I managed to squeeze in enough Me Time with weekend trips to Sonya’s Garden. At Sonya’s, I completely slow down, spend hours of conversation over lunch, take long walks in the garden, have Dorn alignment or a massage before bed and just rest and do nothing in between.


In May, my mom had a successful laser cataract surgery at American Eye. Dra. Ana Lisa Yu-Mateo took very good care of her.


Something special happened in August, which has no place in this blog ;-)




In September, I went to Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland. One of my best trips ever in my book.



In October, I celebrated my 40th birthday! I invited some of my closest friends for dinner at home, catered by Alba’s (must mention because I was so happy with the service). My family finally got to meet the people who are dearest to my heart, including my long-lost Ateneo college friends. A few days later, I flew to Bali with friends to relax in one of my most favorite places in the world.


I am amazed that I managed to do all of the above, while managing my team. I even found time to edit a new book that’s coming out in February. More than managing time, I managed my energy by working when I felt I could be most productive. Of course, credit should also go to new technology, which allows me to be productive wherever I may be.


So much happened in 2013 but I think it was just a bwelo year. The real breakthrough is in 2014. May the Universe prove me right. Happe New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...