Tagline

Tagline

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Down Under with Gusto (Part II)

Read Part I

image

It was a beautiful Sunday morning that greeted me. Because I was an easy five-minute walk from Circular Quay where all the ferries were, I went to Darling Harbour by boat. Some of the roads were temporarily fenced off for the Sydney Marathon.

image

This was my ride.

image

The ferry ride was scenic and the boat sails right under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It took us a little over 20 minutes to get to Darling Harbour, stops included. One of the stops was in a place called Balmain, which has pretty little houses that I’d like to explore next time.

image

I discovered that 10:30 am was an early start on a Sunday. Many of the harbor-view restaurants were still closed. I got off at Harbourside but none of the establishments appealed to me.

image

My feet led me to the busy food court where I spotted a stack of Turkish clozeme. I ordered one stuffed with chicken and mushroom. It turned out to be nothing but a savory crepe.

image

I also bought a grilled chicken skewer that was flavorful. Sydney food so far was making a good impression.

image

I also wanted to try this boat-shaped pizza called pides, but I can only eat so much.

image

Dessert was churros at Chocolateria San Churro. I made the mistake of ordering the milk chocolate dip, which was too sweet. I think the dark chocolate would have made a better option.

image

I spotted a tourist information kiosk where I bought a ticket to the Sydney Hop On Hop Off bus at AU$40 pp. I walked to the Cockle Bay wharf on the opposite side for my return ferry. The walk allowed me to explore the length of the harbor. The sun was blinding. Sydneysiders, I discovered, are crazy about water. Kahit fountain, pwede na–makapagtampisaw lang.

image

I slept, slept, slept because I was tired, tired, tired. So it was a fast food dinner for me at past 11. I had a choice between Hungry Jack’s (which I think is a Burger King chain) and McDonald’s. I chose the latter and went for The Aussie— an Angus burger.

image

The Aussies love their Angus and their eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...