Tagline

Tagline

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: The Year That Was

It has been a whirlwind eight days in the Bulauitan household. The holiday activities have their own stories to tell but, for now, I’d like to look back at the year that was and thank the Force that made it all possible:

In January, we went to Cebu to celebrate Ma and Pa’s wedding anniversary. We loved our hotel, the Radisson Blu, ate at sutukil, enjoyed CnT lechon, had dinner with cousins Sue and Sean Mark, celebrated Ma and Pa’s anniversary at The Gustavian, toured the city as well as Mactan and brought home zubuchon.  

image

I started therapy sessions at Intercare in January to relieve my stiff shoulders. One therapy session used a machine that activated the involuntary muscles so that they tire and consequently relax. It was one of the best things I have ever done. Must go back soon.

JM’s confirmation at Ninyo restaurant. And she graduated from grade school! I attended her awarding ceremony and helped her prepare for her batch night. 

image

Spent a lot of time at The Farm. Met Michael, the GM, who was a great host and led me to one of my best discoveries, Casa Marikit in Batangas. I loved The Farm’s accommodations, the food, the treatments, everything. And I loved how relaxed I was every time I was there.

image

Managed to do the things I’d been meaning to do but couldn’t find time for, like visit my homeopathic doctor for a consult, attend Dona’s Yin Yoga workshop, go to Bahay Kalipay in Puerto Princesa where I met great women like Daniw, Olga, Petranilla and Sarah and visited Nagtabon Beach. 

image

Took culinary lessons at Enderun. Learned how to prepare vegetables, chicken, seafood, pork and beef. I also learned how to make ravioli, paella, Louis XV and other Enderun signature dishes. 

image

An unexpectedly awesome trip to Halong Bay. I knew the bay would be beautiful but I didn’t expect to meet so many wonderful people at the Au Co, eat excellent, five-star quality food, encounter a storm (and live to tell the tale).

image
Spent wonderful days in Bohol with friends. And tried the zipline for the first time. 

image
The second edition of the Sonya’s Garden book was published. And I received a special gift from Sonya. 

Che and Joy celebrated their 40th birthdays with family and friends.

Went to Siem Reap and loved it. Learned Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier. Enjoyed Khmer food. Rode the ATV and enjoyed sunset from the rice fields. Awed by the temples. Loved the Heritage Suites.

Rediscovered the joys of cooking at home. Loved making roast chicken, mashed potatoes, chicken curry, lasagna, and other things that are nameless because I just made do with whatever was available in the kitchen.

Went to Sting’s concert with Leda, Ate Pam and Judd. And it turned out to be a helluva concert.

A successful first year for Digify. I met new people, learned new things, got to know my team (and myself) better. Went to Otis for the first time. Hehe. 

image

Did so many spontaneous, random things like drive to McDonald’s for breakfast with my nieces and nephew while still in our pajamas; drive to Tagaytay with friends and family for buffet lunch at Taal Vista, bowling at Splendido and dinner at Sonya’s; cheer at a soccer game in BGC; discover the best dessert on Planet Earth at Brasserie Cicou, etc. 

image

image

Nothing beats the fact that my parents were strong and in perfect health (and still are), my brother and his family were in a great place (and still are), and my loved ones brought me joy every day (and still do).

2012 was a Leap Year indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...