Tagline

Tagline

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lesson 2: Turning Vegetables


Trust the French to develop a culinary module out of turning vegetables, which means just that, turning vegetables so that you pare them to even, oval shapes, usually with 6 or seven sides. I thought I would fail miserably at the task, my knife skills being nil, or at best, suspect. To my surprise, my chef instructor thought me to be a natural turner (yes, Tina Turner). Studying the potatoes I have turned, she noted the confident strokes and the absence of ridges. When done with the potatoes, we moved on to carrots. We also did a refresher of the last lesson by making paysannes and juliennes of leeks, which went into the making of a wonderful potato and leek soup that we enjoyed after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...