Tagline

Tagline

Monday, February 21, 2011

10 years and Hap Chan

I had dinner at Hap Chan yesterday. It brought me back to the early days of the new media company that I work in. I was one of the first employees when the company started some 10 years ago. Back then, our favorite restaurants were decidedly Chinese – Man Yann, Le Ching and Hap Chan.


Come August 3, I’ll be celebrating my 10th year in the company, my longest employment ever. Consider this a tribute to the early days.



The interiors were unexpectedly modern.



They started us off with peanuts and tea.



Loved the brocade wallpaper.



I always, always order hakao in a Chinese restaurant.



Sweet and sour pork



Cuttlefish, recommended by someone I presumed to be the owner or manager. Tasted like shrimp cakes.



The spareribs were tasty but insubstantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...