Tagline

Tagline

Monday, December 2, 2013

Down Under with Gusto (Part IV)

Read Part I
Read Part II
Read Part III

image

The last thing I remember about Sydney – The Hawaiian and The Queenslander at The Australian, just a short walk from Shangri-La Hotel Sydney.

Next stop: Melbourne. From Tullamarine Airport, I took the Skybus to Southern Cross, the main transport hub, where I transferred to a bus that dropped me off at my hotel. The drive to the city didn’t do much to impress me. Melbourne’s charms are more covert than Sydney’s. My hotel didn’t help much either. Citadines on Bourke was a practical choice, a centrally located hotel apartment where I could do my own laundry for the rest of my trip and cook my own food if necessary. The room was dark, and it looked out to the back of a building. But it had a fully equipped kitchen, free Wi-Fi, a comfortable (albeit a little lumpy) bed, and a sparkling bathroom. I did my laundry after my late dinner. I bought two AU$4 tokens at the reception, one for the washer and one for the dryer. Very cheap. At the Shang, laundry was AU$14 per piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...