Tagline

Tagline

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Down Under with Gusto (Part I)

image

I have a new favorite city. Three, in fact. Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland.

Sydney took my breath away. The view of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge together as I got off the train at Circular Quay was jaw-dropping. It made me giddy with excitement.

My room at the Shangri-La Hotel in The Rocks wasn’t ready so I went exploring. The hotel was a short walk from the bridge pylons where the view of the harbor turned more spectacular at every step.

image

image

I foraged for food at The Rocks area, just in time for the height of activity at the weekend market. There were Angus burgers, barbecued meat and fresh coconuts amidst stalls selling babies’ clothes, jewelry and dresses. I was drawn to the Angus burger and chicken chorizo. Great choices! I was also curious about the Turkish clozeme but was too full to try.

image

image

image

At a corner convenience store, I saw Tim Tams of every flavor. I decided then that those would be my pasalubong for friends back home.

image

Can you tell from this photo how fabulous my hotel room was? Here’s the evening view.

image

My curtains are usually drawn but every morning, I had the habit of looking out the window to this view. On Sunday morning, it was taken over by runners of the Sydney marathon.

I hardly slept on the plane so I took a long nap. It was past 10 when I stepped out again. Most of the establishments were serving only drinks by then but I found a small café where I ordered a roast beef sandwich. Sydney was alive with club-goers on a Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...