Tagline

Tagline

Thursday, January 20, 2011

When something works


I must applaud the National Statistics Office (NSO) for making it so painless to request for civil registry documents such as birth certificates (BC) and marriage certificates. I requested for a copy of my BC online through e-census.com.ph. I filled up the form and was presented with payment options, including online payment. I opted to pay through BDO so I printed the reference form and asked the messenger to present it to the teller, together with a payment of P140. Two days later, my BC was delivered to me via courier.


In the Philippines, mention document request and government office in one sentence and people will roll their eyes in exasperation, if not regale you with horror stories of every sort. That’s why I’m so thankful when something works.


Posted March 18, 2010 in travelswithgusto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...