Tagline

Tagline

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Down Under with Gusto (Last Part)

Arriving from Auckland the night before, we had only one full day left to enjoy Sydney before taking an early flight to Manila the following day. Our main agenda was to catch South Pacific at the Sydney Opera House. But first, I had to look for triple brie cheese for my sister-in-law, Joy. I found it at David Jones. I made arrangements to pick it up after the show.



With the cheese business settled, we proceeded to the ferry terminal area and looked for a place for lunch.



The opera house was a short walk away so we took our time. The sun blazed happily and so did we.



When we arrived outside the theater, we still had enough time for a latte and some people watching. The attendees were mostly old white people so we looked a little out of place.

The theater was small, more like the Ateneo college auditorium, but it felt cozy. Too bad we weren’t allowed to take pictures. It was my first time to see South Pacific and I thought I wouldn’t enjoy it because the theme is a little dated but I found myself humming the songs Dites-Moi and Carefully Taught. I found myself swooning over the male lead who was such a dreamboat that even the old ladies in front of me looked moonstruck every time he sang.

It was a perfect way to end the trip. I will be back.

For a recap of my trip, please visit the links below:

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...