Tagline

Tagline

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Because my flight was in the evening, I still had a full day in Auckland and I made sure I put it to good use. I made a mental note the day before to go to Devonport, which was a 15-minute a boat ride, according to guidebooks, but I wasn’t sure if the weather would let me.

A blazing sun and blue skies greeted me so I went to the Fullers office at the ferry terminal to buy a ticket.  


(Above) Devonport from the boat



I wanted to ride the buggy with cute horses





Devonport has all the requisite clapboard homes and flower-paved roads that define charm.


I looked around the stores first before settling at the Stone Oven Bakery and Cafe for lunch.


I took my time, reading a local newspaper and magazine while enjoying the food and coffee.


To burn off some of the calories that have piled up during this trip, I hiked to the highest peak of Devonport, which offered a sweeping view of Auckland. As I walked up, I looked back and saw the view above. Lovely.


From the top



A playful touch



Going down, I took another road and saw beautiful and bountiful blooms.



Next time, I’d really like to spend a night at a bed and breakfast here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...