Tagline

Tagline

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Life Happened (Part II)

My office has been busy working on various projects for the elections. Our news website, GMANews Online, got over 10M page views on election day, and ramped up to 21M page views the following day. Our mobile apps, meanwhile, earned rave reviews from users. Similarly, Digify has been humming with activity with so many new products in the pipeline. I consider myself blessed to be working with such a great team.

image
Right-most is the yema tart at Pinto’s restaurant

Since it’s summer and my nieces and nephew are on vacation, I’ve also been lining up activities that we can do together. Last weekend, we visited Pinto Museum in Antipolo. I had been there before, back in the days when it was just the house of Dr. Cuanang and a venue for select art exhibits, particularly those of the Salimpusa group. I don’t recall the place being that big. We had a wonderful lunch at Siraulo restaurant inside the premises. It is run by Bizu but the menu is entirely different. I am recalling the yema tart as I write this and my mouth is starting to water. Our Antipolo sojourn extended till past midnight, with visits to Thunderbird Resort for halo-halo and pizza, and OneA for videoke.

image
The kids after their swim

I’ve also been wanting to take the kids to Ace Water Spa. With a slack in my schedule one Thursday morning, I did. We spent almost 3 hours in the water. The hydro-massage stations were great, specially those that worked on the upper back and shoulders, because that’s where my tension accumulates. I brought the kids with me to the office after and treated them to merienda at the 17th floor lounge. For dessert, I took them to Judd’s room and opened up his chocolate stash to them. They filled their pockets with flat tops and chocnuts. While waiting for their daddy to pick them up, they listened to music. Joaki found Judd’s speakers and attached his phone to it. He played Psy’s latest single. Julia loves Psy so she merrily danced to the song. She’s too funny.

image
Che’s portrait of our beautiful Mama

The day before Mother’s Day, the family went to Sip and Gogh to paint. Che and I wanted to do a portrait of Mama. We wanted to work on a single canvas together but when we learned that the charge was still going to be on a per person, we decided to work on our own canvasses. I ended up painting my brother. JM chose to paint her mom Joy while Julia and Jenna painted flowers.

image
Joyful painters

image
My latest work

This wasn’t my first time at Sip & Gogh. I had been there with Judd and the Sarmiento couple, Bambi and Mon. The second time was with the Sarmiento kids in tow. Both times, I explored my inner Van Gogh. Unfortunately, there’s not much there. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the process. In fact, I just went back there this weekend with Judd, Darwin and Ate Pam. I made this. My best work yet, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...